viernes, 2 de marzo de 2012

Futbol

So futbol in English means soccer.  It's a very popular sport here and is like our American football.  I went to watch a game one time and everyone was screaming and freaking out when somewhere scored a goal.  I was watching the first Madrid vs. Barcelona game and Madrid ended up losing that game.  I swear when I was walking home I could hear the whole town screaming in pain as Barcelona scored a second goal.  In Granada pretty much everyone loves Madrid and hates Barcelona.  It's like our Iowa/Iowa state rivalry except for a whole lot bigger.  Granada has their own professional team here but they're not very good.  We went to the game this past weekend to watch them play Real Soliedad.  It was a great experience because I was watching the game with Spainards and I was getting a real experience.  Granada won 4-1.  We were higher up in the stands but you could still see the game pretty well.  There were lots of people screaming their heads off the whole time.  For about 5 minutes the whole stadium was doing the wave which was pretty cool to see and be apart of.  Also anytime the refs would call something that people didn't like they would start cussing at the in Spanish which was pretty funny to hear.  I got hungry during the game so decided to go to the concession stands.  I found out that there is only one open after half time and all the have is chips.  So for lunch that day I had a coke and potato chips which were pretty salty.  The game started at noon so it was done around two.  Once I got home though I took a 4 hour siesta since I had gotten barely any sleep that weekend.









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario