lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

Oh how I hate sickness

Let me tell you being sick in a foreign country is the worst thing ever.  So I went to Morocco last week and when I came back Tuesday night I was feeling fine but then by Wednesday night I wasn't feeling so hot.  The next day at school I puked so I went home for the day and couldn't keep anything in (from either end).  I know it's gross but it's part of my sickness.  Then I tried going to school on Friday but the same thing happened again so I went home.  Then on Saturday I started getting these really bad stomach cramps.  Also anytime I tried to eat or drink something I would puke it up immediately.  That night I couldn't sleep at all.  I woke up about every hour and then would be up for a while because my stomach hurt so bad.  On Sunday my host mom took me to the doctor which was probably the scariest thing ever.  Since I had no idea what they were talking about it probably made it worse than what it was.  At least my host mom knew what was wrong with me so she could talk to the doctor.  He ended up checking out my stomach to feel for the pain and he barely touched my stomach but it felt like he was punching because I was in so much pain.  I then went to a separate room where I got two very painful shots in my butt.  I ended up talking to my program director since she can speak English and she told me that I have this bad stomach infection where I have to take lots of medicine and have a very strict diet for the next week.  So yesterday (Sunday) I took 5 pills for lunch and felt immediate relief.  I have to take 5 pills 3x a day for the next 5 or 6 days.  Today is Monday and I already am feeling so much better than I was on Sunday and even Saturday.  I was able to sleep through the whole night except for once or twice but that wasn't too bad.  I mostly sleep so I don't have to feel the little pain that I do have or watch a movie to help distract myself.  I hope I don't get sick during the rest of my stay here because it sucks so much.  I will probably never go back to Morocco because I will associate it with this sickness and I never want to get this thing again.  I know it might not be Morocco's fault but i'm still blaming them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario