martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

Shopping/Fashion

The first couple weeks that I was here I hit the jackpot when it came to shopping.  Now i'm not a big shopper but during the month of January is when Spain has their big sales.  So when I first came everything was 50 % off and then within 2 weeks everything was 70-90% off because stores were trying to get rid of everything before the spring clothing lines came in.  One day I got 3 shirts, a tank top, a blazer all for 30 euro which is about 40 dollars.  For every one euro it's about 1.2 US dollars.  Then I also got a pair of boots for 20 euro.  I am loving the sales right now but they are all pretty much gone.  I have enough long sleeve shirts to last me a while and when it starts to warm up i'm going to go on another mini shopping spree to get some cute short sleeve shirts here and maybe a dress or two.  My store though that I have gotten my stuff from is called Pull & Bear which reminds me a little like Hollister back home except not as preppy.  Then I have gotten the rest of my stuff from H&M because they have some pretty good deals.  My friend Emma was saying how she tends to be flowery prints and how I tend to buy lots of stripes.  So we nicknamed each other flowers and stripes.  Though sure enough pretty much every thing I ended up looking at was stripes and half my clothes here are stripes.  I need to get away from that but can't see to.  Also everyone here is super fashionable.  I was telling my friend Anna that she would fit in here because she has such good fashion and has all the right clothes.  Pretty much no one here wears sweats which are my best friend.  So I have only worn them out of the house twice because I was sick and didn't really care what anyone else thought.  Though now that i'm not sick I make sure to wear jeans with a nice top and sometimes my boots.  I'm getting a little fashionable here but nothing compared to what everyone else is, especially the kids.  I swear that as soon as they are born they are shown what is fashionable and what isn't because they are always dressed better than me.  My purchases so far are:

a coat, scarf, and gloves (because I didn't realize it was going to be as cold as it was here)


 a see through nude top and wear a tank-top underneath and a pair of boots

                                     

      a blazer, tank top, and a plain white t-shirt


a mint colored shirt and a striped half sleeve shirt (of course I couldn't resist stripes)


P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

1 comentario: